Sign in to follow this  
Mike Martin

Tony Blair Is a Freemason?

I'm putting this here so it doesn't get lost, sometimes research gets lost or forgotten:

Excellent question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Very interesting, Mike. Now, Tony Blair is alleged to be a 33rd degree Mason and a member of the Studholme lodge, (frequented by Alistair Crowley, founder of the OTO.)
The facts, for you right now.

Tony Blair is not a Freemason and even if he had been there is no doubt that he wouldn't be now as (I'm sure you know this) he very publically converted to catholicism at the hand of the Pope.

However neither he or Crowley were members of the Studholme Lodge. Crowley mainly because he was never a member of any Lodges under the UGLE.

The bit about Blair would only be an obvious fabrication to a Freemason, let me explain.

The person who came up with that little gem chose Studholme Lodge because it was in fact the Lodge that Winston Churchill was Initiated into in 1901. Unfortunately what that person didn't know was that Studholme Lodge No.1591 changed its name in 1959 as it amalgamated with another Lodge and became United Studholme Lodge. That Lodge amalgamated again in 1976 and today it is called United Studholme Alliance Lodge No.1591.

So if the person knew what they were talking about (rather than making it up) they would, at least, have said he was a member of the Studholme Alliance Lodge or if they really knew anything the United Studholme Alliance Lodge which it would have to have been.
  • Like 1

I think alot of these rumors stem from the conspiracy theorists. There are other notable politicians also linked to Masonry, namely James Callaghan....Ken Clarke and Enoch Powell......purely on the grounds that they have attended Bilderberg conferences
  • Like 1

Hi I'm just about to undertake my Entered Apprentice Degree, And I'm from Co.Antrim Northern Ireland, And Just started on this Forum and seen the question....Is Tony Blair a Freemason?

I know You are all talking about Tony Blair Former PM.'But I thought I would share this with you..'My name is Blair(No relation to the PM)But I have an other brother who has been a Freemason for many years! 'And yes his name is Tony Blair. 'I'm sure he got a lot of curious replies when he asked to visit some Lodges.

Hugh Blair.
  • Like 1

vandermas (12/12/2015)
Hi I'm just about to undertake my Entered Apprentice Degree, And I'm from Co.Antrim Northern Ireland, And Just started on this Forum and seen the question....Is Tony Blair a Freemason?

I know You are all talking about Tony Blair Former PM.'But I thought I would share this with you..'My name is Blair(No relation to the PM)But I have an other brother who has been a Freemason for many years! 'And yes his name is Tony Blair. 'I'm sure he got a lot of curious replies when he asked to visit some Lodges.

Hugh Blair.

During your initiation in Ireland, I'm sure you'll see the point of Freemasonry; unfortunately the English don't really get it. Welcome and enjoy your new view on life - the answer isn't '42' by the way!

Trouillogan (12/12/2015)
vandermas (12/12/2015)

Hugh Blair.

During your initiation in Ireland, I'm sure you'll see the point of Freemasonry; unfortunately the English don't really get it. Welcome and enjoy your new view on life - the answer isn't '42' by the way!

Care to expand?

Sentience (12/12/2015)
Trouillogan (12/12/2015)
vandermas (12/12/2015)

Hugh Blair.

Care to expand?

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Trouillogan (12/12/2015)
[/b]

During your initiation in Ireland, I'm sure you'll see the point of Freemasonry; unfortunately the English don't really get it.

If they came and saw our Demo of the Irish 1st they might?

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum.

I am familiar with a lot of the lies generated by anti-masons and conspiracy theorists. I have recently been banned again from the David Icke forum, a place where the most disgusting claims are made against our organisation, where my defence of the principles of the order led to many heated debates and attacks.

People in that forum try to make out many people are freemasons, even trying to claim Jimmy Saville was one. Their whole intent is to connect freemasonry with anybody evil or unpopular in order to promote their false ideology. Luckily there are a number of excellent and well informed masons who counter their claims point by point but the truth is that those people don't want facts, they want a false reality built on the ideas of David Icke. If you ever read his books you will understand why their heads are so messed up. I keep getting banned because I tell them what I think of them straight up. It seems judgement is only allowed to go one way!

Before I joined freemasonry I was a member of the OTO for a number of years but didn't attend vary much. While Crowley was said to be a 33 degree AASR mason I think this was done in an irregular lodge and therefore not really valid, a point that the conspiracy theorists overlook when trying to claim freemasonry and the OTO are run by the same people at the top.

There is actually no point in arguing with those kinds of masonophobic conspiracy theorists; they don't want to hear that their dyed-in-the-wool ideas won't stand up to authentic examination. Generally they only want to confirm their ideas with others of like mentality. Let them chatter among themselves and just walk away.
  • Like 1

Trouillogan (01/11/2016)
There is actually no point in arguing with those kinds of masonophobic conspiracy theorists; they don't want to hear that their dyed-in-the-wool ideas won't stand up to authentic examination. Generally they only want to confirm their ideas with others of like mentality. Let them chatter among themselves and just walk away.

I agree but there is a problem that their numbers are growing. Also, I'm sure some of the claims they make on those forums would open the forums up to prosecution as they accuse our organisation of many awful things.
  • Like 1

vandermas (12/12/2015)

Hugh Blair.

I know this is an old thread, but given it has just sprung to life again, I thought it worth mentioning that of one of our Province's members is named David Cameron - same spelling. And no, he's not the former PM.

IanR (01/11/2016)
Trouillogan (01/11/2016)

I agree but there is a problem that their numbers are growing. Also, I'm sure some of the claims they make on those forums would open the forums up to prosecution as they accuse our organisation of many awful things.

Not really a problem because Freemasonry is not an entity in a legal sense, so it can neither sue nor be sued, as I understand it. If individuals are mentioned, then that's another matter entirely. We've lived with detractors, from popes to paupers for three hundred years and survived them all. The more you interact with conspiracy theorists, the more they will deliberately twist and misconstrue what you say. Best not to stir the pot.

They're not really growing in number - all that is happening is that they are more easy to find - it's generally the same bunch of loons on all the forums.

Trouillogan (02/11/2016)
IanR (01/11/2016)
Trouillogan (01/11/2016)

Not really a problem because Freemasonry is not an entity in a legal sense, so it can neither sue nor be sued, as I understand it. If individuals are mentioned, then that's another matter entirely. We've lived with detractors, from popes to paupers for three hundred years and survived them all. The more you interact with conspiracy theorists, the more they will deliberately twist and misconstrue what you say. Best not to stir the pot.

Maybe I wasn't clear before. I meant the anti-masonic forums make claims that are probably illegal. TBH I'm shocked they can still function as they are massively anti-Semitic as well. I didn't mean that freemasonry can be sued.

It is my experience that the internet is full of people who argue about and contradict everything possible.

People often say things on line that they would not dare face to face. 

The world has detractors on every subject under the sun; the Internet just makes communications easier.  It's good that nowadays UGLE keep a constant eye on these things and when something specific or actionable comes up or we tell them, these days they act.  Besides, people with even half a brain cell take little heed of social media ranting posts, whether the writer is an unknown hiding behind a pseudonym or even a president of some company or country.  Such posts without evidential references are worthless, void and of no effect.

On 13/12/2015 at 18:54, eastbeast said:
Trouillogan (12/12/2015)
[/b]

During your initiation in Ireland, I'm sure you'll see the point of Freemasonry; unfortunately the English don't really get it.

If they came and saw our Demo of the Irish 1st they might?

Point or points more accurately :)