Celebrating 300 years Car Sticker

Rate this topic

Frikk (19/06/2016)
Yes

But!

I am not convinced how many of these we will see in cars. Mine is a company car and I can't see this being acceptable to display.

Some here:
https://twitter.com/ugle_grandlodge

Did anyone actually do any research in to this before they spent the money?

A good question. It would be interesting to know what research was done and also how many were produced and the total cost.

Sentience (20/06/2016)
Trouillogan (19/06/2016)
Do you not think it possible brethren will find that placing it on cars will act as a police magnet for the 10pm - 2am shift?!

Why a police magnet?

To prove that they have no bias...:D

Mike Martin (18/06/2016)
Anyone worked out how to separate the sticker form its backing paper??

I see no point in even trying. Industrial corporations with products and services to sell, use 'branding'. As a fraternity, we already have an identity, established over centuries and recognised visually world-wide.

Sparker (26/06/2016)
Yeah, it's a transparent plastic sticker with that daft logo on it that's more like a diamond shape than the S and C.

Here it is, Tom

I used to have an adhesive sticker on my last but one car which was actually a S and S with a G in the middle, but cut the G out and it looked great.. gold on silver.. classy!

T.

Tony, would or could to be use on a rear tail lite?

Tom Cherup (27/06/2016)
Sparker (26/06/2016)
Yeah, it's a transparent plastic sticker with that daft logo on it that's more like a diamond shape than the S and C.

Here it is, Tom

I used to have an adhesive sticker on my last but one car which was actually a S and S with a G in the middle, but cut the G out and it looked great.. gold on silver.. classy!

T.

Tom,
I suppose it could be used on a rear tail light, and by that I mean it would stick to it, but I'm almost certain that doing that would be illegal, as it would interfere with the effectiveness of the light as fitted to the vehicle.

I am sure there are some Police or ex-Police Officers here that could clarify that point.

T.

Sparker (27/06/2016)
Tom Cherup (27/06/2016)
Sparker (26/06/2016)

Here it is, Tom

T.

Tom,
I suppose it could be used on a rear tail light, and by that I mean it would stick to it, but I'm almost certain that doing that would be illegal, as it would interfere with the effectiveness of the light as fitted to the vehicle.

I am sure there are some Police or ex-Police Officers here that could clarify that point.

T.

I know it can be done here because our lodge Secretary has it, and we have alot to police officer in the lodge with no problems.

Tom Cherup (28/06/2016)
Sparker (27/06/2016)
Tom Cherup (27/06/2016)
Sparker (26/06/2016)

Here it is, Tom

T.

Tom,

T.

I know it can be done here because our lodge Secretary has it, and we have alot to police officer in the lodge with no problems.

Yeah Tom, but those are AMERICAN Police.. not real ones!:Whistling:

T

• 4 months later...
I actually wanted one of these but didn't realise there was one. I usually upward the magazine and throw the 100 different leaflets and adverts away before reading. My loss as I should have been more careful, I even went through the bin but couldn't find it. If anyone has one they don't want/use then I'd be happy to take it of your hands!?

JTR (23/06/2016)
Sentience (20/06/2016)
Trouillogan (19/06/2016)
Do you not think it possible brethren will find that placing it on cars will act as a police magnet for the 10pm - 2am shift?!

Why a police magnet?

I note the smiley, but the years of being a member as a Police officer being a step up the ladder and a guarantee of a blind eye being turned, have long since departed along with other bad examples of the 60's and 70's. The rank and file of the police since the 80's have shown little to no interest in Freemasonry on account that your career comes to a virtual stop. In a force of 2,600, if we have more than 30 members, I would be very surprised. With a lot of the MPS living outside of London, I would imagine the percentages are no better for them.

Sentience (06/11/2016)
JTR (23/06/2016)
Sentience (20/06/2016)
Trouillogan (19/06/2016)

Why a police magnet?

I note the smiley, but the years of being a member as a Police officer being a step up the ladder and a guarantee of a blind eye being turned, have long since departed along with other bad examples of the 60's and 70's. The rank and file of the police since the 80's have shown little to no interest in Freemasonry on account that your career comes to a virtual stop. In a force of 2,600, if we have more than 30 members, I would be very surprised. With a lot of the MPS living outside of London, I would imagine the percentages are no better for them.

Sounds about right, things were different in the early 80's ;-)