Recorded Ritual

We all have are own ways to learn ritual and I find the best way is listening to 'Recorded Ritual' this is instead of listening to 'Spotify'

Before I record the 1st Degree Ritual (October Meeting) - can anybody supply me it?  

On 04/07/2017 at 0:13 PM, David MacGregor said:

Recorded Ritual

We all have are own ways to learn ritual and I find the best way is listening to 'Recorded Ritual' this is instead of listening to 'Spotify'

Before I record the 1st Degree Ritual (October Meeting) - can anybody supply me it?  

Do you mean as WM? The 1st degree as WM isn't difficult, in fact the Obligation is pretty short.  The 2nd is even shorter.  The 3rd is where it gets difficult because they all start sounding the same by then.  :D  I end up doing the Exhortation piece too adding more pressure.  

If you must record the work, I suggest doing it yourself in order to get the phrasing and pauses as you want them.  Getting it from somebody else might not be how you'd like it.   

On 8/15/2017 at 1:03 PM, Andy Thompson said:

Hi David,

Is this recorded with the knowledge of the lodge you attend and UGLE?

I suspect you have the wrong end of the stick

If an individual wanted to record himself reading out a ceremony it wouldn't need anyone's permission

11 hours ago, Bill Hosler said:

maybe instead of recording a meeting or actual degree work, could you just record yourself reading the ritual to yourself and listen to it privately?

Surely that is what he meant and is what I took it to mean.  Nobody would be stupid enough to record an actual meeting.  Would they?

We have brethren here in India, who used to tell me that they record themselves delivering a charge or the ritual and they listen to it daily while commuting to work. Thus ensuring they are not bored of the traffic and in the process learn their parts very well. I prefer reading over listening hence have the soft copy of my portion with short forms and abbreviations that I use literally everywhere.

On 7/4/2017 at 12:13 PM, David MacGregor said:

Recorded Ritual

For clarity, your statement about your October meeting could be taken two ways.

If you're saying that you wish to record yourself so that you can hear yourself practising in readiness for October's meeting that is fine BUT if you're saying that you plan to actually record October's meeting you are going to get in trouble as that is not allowed.

• Like 1