Sign in to follow this  
HamiltonJunior

doubt RER Panel any help

In RER Any  doubt

A question what type of column is in the apprentice panel next to the door would be a lotiform column of Egyptian origin or what is described in the bible in the book of Kings Another question as to the detail and appearance of the doors in the degree of apprentice and companion the door is of Egyptian Phenicia origin or that described in the book of Kings Another doubt the 4 tassels are related to the bible in num 15 36_39 or  Lev 19.19 The jagged border refers to the 613 Jewish commandments or it would be a border or the Divine Light or something else

In which country are you HamiltonJunior?

Is the door you refer to in the East between two pillars of Egyptian Djed design? If so, then the pillars in the West are the pillars described in Kings. Again, if the door you are referring to is in the East AND it doesn't have a handle, then it is of Egyptian origin and it's appearance does change between the 1st and 2nd degrees. 

I would be very surprised to see this in an English lodge but it is not uncommon on the continent, particularly in France - hence my question as to which country you are in.

The RER differs somewhat between England and the continent too. Particularly as the first three degrees of the RER are not worked in England apart from perhaps the odd demonstration. RER as worked on the continent may, of course, meet in a Lodge room designed for a different Rite whereas most English lodge rooms will be laid out in a similar fashion to Emulation working.

And again, the tessellated border and the tassels have one meaning under Emulation (or similar) workings and a slightly different meaning in RER and some continental lodges. 

1 hour ago, mikevie said:

What is RER?

The only R.E.R. of which I'm aware was an offshoot from the Strict Observance - a late eighteenth century money making scam by von Hund, around Europe.  It made no headway in England.  The full rite collapsed when he died.  Bits survived (some became legitimate!) and this was one bit promulgated by Robert Folger, also as a money making venture.

There may well be another R.E.R., of course.

There was a recent attempt to revive it (possibly in name only) which also expired on the wayside

20 hours ago, mikevie said:

Thanks Jules

My pleasure. For clarity, as you can see from the Wiki, CBCS is a set of grades towards the top of the RER structure. The lower grades in RER might eventually lead to CBCS but not all members get there.

S&F, Jules

Edited by julesthebit