Sign in to follow this  
Sentience

Rose Croix - Dwindling numbers?

12 hours ago, DavidGoode said:

Oh, sorry! There might still be time to book you a lunch. Shall I ask?

And I’d love to come to Cantabrigia. Thank you!

No worries David. I am working on Saturday but I'll ping you for the next Cantabrigia meeting and catch up in the bar to find out what you thought of the  Perfection ceremony. 

I hope that you have an impressive and thought provoking introduction to this beautiful degree. 

Jon, it was a very moving experience. A lot to contemplate. I'm looking forward to visiting other Chapters, and particularly to seeing others Perfected so I can start to put it all into context.

Are you coming to Euclid tomorrow? It's a busy one. We open at 15.30 sharp for a double exaltation, adjourn for refreshments, then back up to install the Principals for the year.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, Rueben Moriarty said:

I have a question in regards to joining Rose Croix, what is the "average" cost of joining this Order? I understand there would be an annual fee, joining fee and regalia/sash, but what is the average price of all of this? It is an order that I would be interested in, but like anything in life it comes down to cold hard cash! Before joining another Order I need to make sure it isn't too expensive and that I can make the meetings. 

You would need to ask the unit you might wish to join - they vary.  However, my annual subscription to my Rose Croix chapter is £50, your regalia (collar and jewel) might be £100 brand new but as that changes in time, they are available second hand on ebay, for example, for next to nothing.  Often a chapter will have a stock and there may be no charge, or a charity donation may be suggested.  Dining is likely to be about £20.  Does this help?

It does to a degree. The reason for asking is someone said "come and join Mark, it's only £50 a year etc." but to actually join you have the annual subs, a joining fee, the regalia and then the meals and £50 becomes £180. 

I wasn't sure if the initial cost to join would be similar?

The joining fee is nominal, much like Mark as the meetings are far less frequent.  3 times per year for Rose Croix.  Annual subscriptions for me are £50 per year and dining is £18.50 not including drinks.  Regalia for the 18th degree new can be got for around £60 if you shop around.  Second hand much cheaper.  Your 30th Degree regalia once you've been through the chair, is more expensive.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:34 AM, Sentience said:

In 4 years I've gone from being Perfected to 2nd General, which implies that the fallout is increasing.  Have any other Princes seen any decline in numbers?  

Although only Perfected in November, I'm delighted to have been asked to take the office of Raphael at our recent Installation

Raphael is a great piece of the ritual.  Its a big jump though from Perfected straight to Raphael, which is more or less the equivalent of JD in Craft.  Take note of when you remove the veil as some remove it too soon.

• Like 1