Sign in to follow this  
Forester

Badge replacement glue

Morning Gents/Brethren,

Quick query. I need to stick a badge on my apron, anyone know of a good glue that will do the job ?

thanks

Chas

Just use double sided tape and make sure you apply significant pressure. If you contact whoever you got it from, you should be able get hold of the circular double-sided fixing pad that normally comes with the badge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I have rank in two provinces, I have two apron badges to swap at frequent intervals (if I remember!).  I use five small (half inch square) pieces of adhesive industrial grade Velcro (has better adhesive).  The 'hook' pieces on the apron and the 'fluffy' pieces on the badges.  One in the middle and four round the edge; n, s, e & w.  You need to apply lots of pressure when first attaching the adhesive bits to the apron and to the badges or they'll eventually pull adrift from frequent removal of the badge.  So far they have lasted thirteen years without pulling off, so the method seems to be working.

• Thanks 2

It's now an old thread, but in case anyone else comes across the thread with the same question, Copydex. It's ideal as it's possible to peel an old badge off when you need to replace it after a promotion.

• Like 1