From what I hear, the Initiation of one was not received well by some veterans due to his pre-service involvement in street gangs dealing in drugs and using firearms.

26 minutes ago, Sentience said:

From what I hear, the Initiation of one was not received well by some veterans due to his pre-service involvement in street gangs dealing in drugs and using firearms.

And the result of his interview was?  And the result of the ballot was?

56 minutes ago, Sentience said:

I find that hard to believe, during my past involvement with the armed forces personnel always tended to show great happiness when someone turned their lives around for the better. I find it even harder to imagine that any veteran, let alone one who is also a Freemason, wouldn't have the ability to recognise the change of character someone would have to undergo to get where these chaps are now especially if their start to life was so negative. 

8 hours ago, Sentience said:

Seems very mean-spirited. If he’s paid his debt to society and turned his life around, he deserves another chance. 

I actually went to this.  I thought it was a great opportunity, not only visit the Grand Temple, but to witness an actual ceremony taking place in it.  I believe there were in excess of 800 brethren in attendance. 

It was definitely a great experience.

Edited by GuyIncognito

I did speak with a one or two veterans who didn't attend for reasons stated above, however I was in attendance along with a lot of serving and ex serving members of the armed forces including one or two that served in Iraq with Johnson. Also chatted with Danny who seemed quite cool and relaxed about the whole thing, a real nice chap 

• Like 2