Hello everyone

You can call me matheo

I am 18 years old teen

I am really glade and grateful that I've reached you guys here at the end

I've been trying to get in touch with a freemason in a way or another , due to having a lot of questions

I've been Thinking about joining in fact but I wanna get clear information about the freemasonary itself at first place and I've someother questions

I hope this kind of discussions is welcome here (otherwise I'll talk to someone in private if he don't mind for sure)  , Greetings from Syria .

Hi Matheo and welcome to the Forum.

I am afraid there's not much that we can do for you as this Forum (along with the majority of its members) is actually based in the UK.

However it will be even more difficult for you as Freemasonry is not a very well established pastime in Syria with no more than a handful of Lodges established under the Grand Lodge of New York. I suspect that they will have ceased operating since the war began.

The only info I could find was this: https://nymasons.org/site/districts-lodges/district-grand-lodge-syria-lebanon/ 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replying Mike

I am actually in Turkey right now

In fact not sure if there are any lodges which operates in Arabic nor English here

I am not sure about joining so far anyway

would you mind if I asked you some questions in private ?

Ask all of us; that way you'll get a number of opinions and not just one individual's view (although Mike is a good source I hasten to add!)

• Like 2

ah , its not actually about the privacy of the topic but the interactive way of messaging which helps particulary in getting accurate answers more than posting a post which might not attract any attention or the answers might be generalized

Edited by matheo

But as far as I know this can't be considered a problem in masonic forum as I assume the most of the people here would do their best to help a new comer

so I agree with you and I'll post my questions

It depends on what you mean by accurate answers. Freemasonry is or can be different for each individual. Whilst there is a lot that is common, it's a personal journey for everyone, so every answer you get will be from the individual's perspective; hence you should get a balanced view. 

15 hours ago, matheo said:

Thanks for replying Mike

I am actually in Turkey right now

In fact not sure if there are any lodges which operates in Arabic nor English here

I am not sure about joining so far anyway

would you mind if I asked you some questions in private ?

No point in private questions as the members here are just as able to share their knowledge and opinions with you as I am :) 

Also if you're resident in Turkey, you could contact the Grand Lodge of Turkey for guidance: http://www.mason.org.tr/web/en_index.html