Sign in to follow this  
David612

Being raised.

Good morning all,

im very excited to say that after a year and 6 months I will be raised to the sublime degree of a master mason.

To finally get here I have presented in lodge, written short form articles, traveled a good bit, I have read book after book (currently stuck into Esoterika) and I am just so excited to finally be coming to a point where I may actually be of some use to my lodge.

D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David612 said:

Good morning all,

im very excited to say that after a year and 6 months I will be raised to the sublime degree of a master mason.

To finally get here I have presented in lodge, written short form articles, traveled a good bit, I have read book after book (currently stuck into Esoterika) and I am just so excited to finally be coming to a point where I may actually be of some use to my lodge.

D

You were of some use to your Lodge from the day you made a Mason.  We're all equal, despite some believing they are more equal than others due to the colour of their regalia.  Enjoy your Raising as one of the best ceremonies in the Craft.

Well yes and no, my lodge currently is reliant on a key group after losing our WM and jW last year to drama-

i guess a better phrase would be that I will be in a position to be of more service to the lodge.

Taking office, delivering work, being on committees and mentoring are reserved for masters exclusively 

Edited by David612

David, I've always found it strange that some jurisdictions seem actively to discourage new members from taking a full part in the lodge and its administration but, of course, it the differences and the surprising similarities that make for further interest in visiting.  In England, it is not uncommon for a candidate one month to explain the WTs to the candidate the next month.  It gives him a great sense of belonging which perhaps you do better in other ways.  For many years, until I met some Australian masons, I wondered whether the JW sat in the s or the n, for obvious reasons!  But then masonic arrangements can often challenge innate logic!

• Like 1

Hi David, the 3rd degree will be a very special evening and a milestone in your Masonic life. You have been of great use to your Lodge and it’s members. The rituals used to initiate and pass you, were not just of great value to you but also to the officers and brethren of the Lodge...... and indeed I expect you when you feel ready to embark on ritual, to play an active part in future ceremonies..... hope you enjoy the evening, and keep us updated 

18 hours ago, Bootlebuck1 said:

Hi David, the 3rd degree will be a very special evening and a milestone in your Masonic life. You have been of great use to your Lodge and it’s members. The rituals used to initiate and pass you, were not just of great value to you but also to the officers and brethren of the Lodge...... and indeed I expect you when you feel ready to embark on ritual, to play an active part in future ceremonies..... hope you enjoy the evening, and keep us updated 

I join in congratulating you on your upcoming event(!) and wish you well for the future.

Didn't realise that Australia had a restriction on full participation until MM

Hope all goes well for your raising David

It’s more a lodge to lodge thing for mentoring and writing papers but delivering charges, taking office etc that’s reserved for MM.

you can of cause apply for dispensation but it’s not the norm.

Edited by David612

Each Lodge has its own way of doing things and it is not intended to be critical, but here, many Lodges help new Brethren get used to standing up in front of the Lodge audience by giving them various sections of the ritual to perform.  The only pieces normally reserved for PMs are the obligation and secrets of each degree.  Anything else is open to all, although the Charge to the Initiate is usually done by the JW or SW as a kind of rite of passage for want of a better description.  I myself did By your meek at the meeting after my Initiation and the Charge to the Initiate as a FC when our JW was absent.  As a result of that, I think I can count on one hand when I haven't been asked to do some part of the ritual.  As a PM I have my party piece in the 3rd degree that nobody else seems to want to learn, even though I'd be more than happy to hand it on to a younger Brother. 

It’s really not long until my raising-

just over 2 weeks to go and I’ve got my work down pat.

really looking forward to it honestly, additionally I have been assigned an entred apprentice to mentor which is fantastic- can’t wait 

Edited by David612