Steve

Hello

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve and i live in the North East UK and have been interested in the Freemasons for a number of years now.

I am due to be initiated at the beginning of October and have a question about my speech after the ceremony but not sure where 

to post it 

32 minutes ago, DavidGoode said:

Welcome, Steve. 

Speech advice? Stand up, thank your proposer and seconder, and sit down!

Is it really as simple as that?

5 hours ago, Steve said:

Is it really as simple as that?

Hi Steve, welcome to the Forum and yes it is as simple as that. I have witnessed some guys send the assembled brethren to sleep while others have tied themselves in knots over what should really be a short discourse.

My pointers would be: a) thank all your new Lodge brothers (including Proposer & Seconder) for welcoming you into the Lodge, b)a couple of words on what went through your mind during the Ceremony and c) make a heartfelt commitment to support (what is now) your new Lodge.

The advice I received was: Stand up to be seen. Speak up to be heard. Sit down to be appreciated. The advice contained so far should be quite sufficient for your maiden speech. And have a wonderful evening.

• Like 1

All sound advice so far - your proposer should give you some more detailed pointers nearer the time, but the main items have been covered

Look forward to hearing from you after the event

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sojourner said:

The advice I received was: Stand up to be seen. Speak up to be heard. Sit down to be appreciated. The advice contained so far should be quite sufficient for your maiden speech. And have a wonderful evening.

This makes perfect sense, Thank you

5 hours ago, bod said:

All sound advice so far - your proposer should give you some more detailed pointers nearer the time, but the main items have been covered

Look forward to hearing from you after the event

I have been to see my proposer today and gave my speech to make sure i hadn't missed anything and going with everybody's

advice i kept it short and to the point. My proposer was pleased with what i had read and i"m very much ready for my initiation

next week

• Like 2

I'd like to thank all who have advised me on this forum and am happy to say

my initiation ceremony last night went without hitch and my speech, short and to

the point seemed to go down well

• Like 1