Hello All i'm a new Craft member (FC). I'm currently in Warwickshire but do have links to Devizes (mother in law) Plymouth (Home town and parents still there) and Southwest Scotland (Annan (ish)) which is where my mothers family hails from. 

I appreciate there is little benefit visiting as and FC unless there is a first or second to see however i'm hoping to get out and about this year and meet lots of you interesting folks. 

Regards

Hi Eric and welcome to the Forum.

I would disagree that there is little benefit to visiting as an FC, which is why I try to organise a meeting to another Lodge as quickly as I can after our new boys have been through each. Aside from the usual fraternisation after the meeting it also gives you a fair chance to get your head properly around what you went through in your own degrees to witness someone else doing them. 

Frankly, it's probably the best time to go out and meet as many of those at the same stages in freemasonry as you can.  Those bonds will last a very long time.  The same thing happens further along as well, when new lodge Masters (sometimes known as 'the hungry hundred'!) go to other lodge installation meetings in the locality.  That re-enforces these earlier friendships.

Hi Eric,

Welcome from me too, I live in Cambridge, hail from near Pompey and have maternal family in Kirkbride near Annan!

Enjoy being a FC, FM is a long race and not a sprint, so it is worth taking time to enjoy each stage that you pass through; IME you will look back and understand some of the lessons of a Degree many years after taking it.

Do ask questions here if you like, the posters are a nice bunch and a wealth of (mostly useful 😁) knowledge!  

I hoe that someone has directed you towards the UGLE Solomon website as it is a great learning tool too (https://solomon.ugle.org.uk).

7 hours ago, 3GP441 said:

the posters are a nice bunch and a wealth of (mostly useful 😁) knowledge! 

Except Jon of course! 🤣

• Like 1

Yes, welcome, Eric. Visit. Get yourself out there and enjoy. 

And we are all mostly a nice bunch. Even Trouillogan, Sontaran, and Jon, all of whom I know!

• Confused 1

Welcome Eric, I have to say I learned more as a “novice” about the craft, than I have since......witnessing what you’ve experienced when being initiated is an important milestone......when all of us watch from the wings, or indeed if we are more involved with the ceremony, we put ourselves in the candidates position, realising that’s its a huge step for any new mason to take....... enjoy your masonry 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.