Mike Martin

Heads Will Roll, I Think....

Pretty terrible behaviour! Although in a Masonic Hall no guarantee that it was actually Freemasons, only time will tell.

Snippet: An investigation has been launched into a shocking 'blackface' stunt filmed in a masonic hall in Belfast.

The video has been met with outrage and widely condemned by local politicians.

The footage shows a man dressed in a controversial costume historically used as a caricature of a black person and now widely considered highly racist and offensive.

Full story here: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/video-fury-over-sickening-blackface-skit-performed-at-belfast-freemasons-hall-38143222.html

I wonder why Amnesty International and local politicians getting involved with this occurrence when no investigation and without an outcome declared. I suspect this reporting and opportunist occasion is by an aggrieved person within or without the Order.  Antrim Province remains in a schism with internal leadership issues. 

I am Antrim an member but my allegiance is to the Order not the middle management that exists solely for personal acclamation.