Jake Lowell

Masonic clothing/jewellery

3 hours ago, DavidGoode said:

What's a Junior Master, a Junior ceremony, and a Junior team? I've never heard of any of those.

It’s not unusual for some lodges to have a regular L of I designated “junior lodge” where all the positions, including the chair, are occupied by junior brethren who practice ceremonies and shadow the “senior “ lodge as a way to give junior Brethren a chance to experience their future roles.

On 12/02/2020 at 19:30, Sontaran said:

David; what he's describing is what Ely United Lodge of Instruction do.

As a member of an Ely lodge as well as my mother lodge in Cambridge, you can now tell precisely how many times I’ve attended an LoI!

10 hours ago, DavidGoode said:

As a member of an Ely lodge as well as my mother lodge in Cambridge, you can now tell precisely how many times I’ve attended an LoI!

🤣 I've been to one .. the sausage supper evening.

WM/PMs are 'prohibited' from taking the chair .. they use the LOIs to give the Wardens (amongst others) chance to learn what it's like to act as Master. No-one takes an office that they hold 'for real', but other than that, every office at every LOI is up for grabs I understand. The only 'offices' filled by PMs are the Preceptors - and there's normally one from each lodge.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 13:40, yorksmason said:

It’s not unusual for some lodges to have a regular L of I designated “junior lodge” where all the positions, including the chair, are occupied by junior brethren who practice ceremonies and shadow the “senior “ lodge as a way to give junior Brethren a chance to experience their future roles.

That's exactly it. Anyone NOT on the ladder can take part. It's a first degree and the 'candidate' is usually a 'Lodge Elder'. Great fun and as a junior a great way to learn the ritual of Wardens, Deacons, Obligations and WM. We also have a Festive Board, usually away from the lodge.

Edited by Phil - Lodge of Dawn