Drekth

Masonic 'FOUNDER' Jewel

Hello, I recently acquired a 'Founder' Jewel for my collection (photo attached) but I am not able to identify it fully. It would appear to be of Royal Arch Identity but no clues as to where or its origin except for the Cornucopia - references to 'steward' perhaps?. Any information would be gratefully received.

Jewel - Founder.JPG

That's a craft founders jewel. Given the red ribbon and the cornucopia, it's probable that it comes from a Provincial Grand Steward's Lodge - Grand and Provincial Grand Stewards are the only ones permitted to wear red.

Where did you acquire it from?

Edited by Sontaran
  • Like 1

Hello Sontaran,

Thank you for your prompt response. This item was discovered in a suitcase of Masonic Aprons, Collarettes etc that one one of my Sons purchased about two yers ago at a local Car Boot Fair. He has only recently passed these to me. I am 85 years of age and a PM - Initiated in 1971. There is a Red Apron with the Collection which reflects your observations, having an embroidered circular Badge Logo with the lettering 'MIDDLESEX' and a Cornucopia overlying a set of Compasses within the circle. A matching red Collarette has a similar 'gold' logo on its Jewel with the same lettering - beautiful.