john dee

Forum Topics and iPad

john dee (27/01/2013)
I have noticed that when using my iPad instead of my PC many of the forum topic headings are not available for reading for some reason.

I am curious if anyone who uses an iPad has found a way around my question above.

I have a blackberry, and when i access the forum on my phone, it shows what IT thinks are relevant. there is a button somewhere that opens up the forum menu and I can then select the required sub forum! good luck!

wolfy (30/01/2013)
I have a blackberry, and when i access the forum on my phone, it shows what IT thinks are relevant. there is a button somewhere that opens up the forum menu and I can then select the required sub forum! good luck!

Thanks for reply, I will take a butchers!

Seeking Light (01/02/2013)
Possibly the best solution is to download Tapatalk. This forum is enabled for Tapatalk and it seems to work on iPad and iPhone.

My thanks for the message. I have downloaded this App to my iPad and iPhone as suggested. But I have encountered a problem. Are you sure this forum is enabled for Tapatalk? The reason I ask is I cannot find the forum in the directory of sites available. I have used the url link and the name of The Freemason and also The Freemasons Forum - and both show a message of they are not found. Can anyone provide the details needed to connect to this forum that is if it is indeed supported by Tapatalk device?

I have just tested it on my phone and I suspect that it is probably because you have not actually logged in.

This forum's software is actually designed to be used on mobile devices as well as PCs and so it doesn't require add-ons like tapatalk. However, several forum areas are only available to members and so can only be seen when you're logged in.

Try logging in when you're using your mobile device and you should see it all there. If it isn't there is a problem at your end.

Help! Has anyone figured out yet how to post a reply to a message on this forum when using an iPad ? At this moment I can read messages and compose a reply but the problem is I cannot 'Post' the reply because the 'Post' button does not work! This is a real problem. I am having to switch to my pc and use that to send a reply. There must be a way to resolve this because the iPad works for posting replies on other fora. Any advice appreciated to resolve this. Also I have not yet tried my iPhone for accessing the forum although it seems this could also present a problem in due course. Others may have had more luck.

I would have thought the answer was an obvious no because I have not posted here to say that I've found one.

You will have to wait to see if or when there is a "fix" in an update of the software by its developers.

Back on the PC (mine) - the iPad is my wife's.

USE THE PHOTON BROWSER AND TURN ON FLASH!!! It's really that simple!

Safari doesn't work as it doesn't appear to support flash.

soltaran (27/04/2013)
Back on the PC (mine) - the iPad is my wife's.

USE THE PHOTON BROWSER AND TURN ON FLASH!!! It's really that simple!

Safari doesn't work as it doesn't appear to support flash.

Thanks for that! I will have to try it. This is the only forum that I have a problem with all the time (lots of annoying quirks) and I cannot be the only one that gets frustrated with it. Amazed it does not support Safari on mobile devices and new technology. I wonder how up to date the software is that is being used. Every other fora I use support Safari on my iPad so why it is necessary to buy and install Photon does not make sense to me. As more people begin to use other devices than a pc perhaps the forum will become more user friendly.

Safari doesn't support Flash - so the iPad doesn't work out of the box if a site needs Flash (as this forum does). Photon (free if memory serves) makes use of online flash engines to render and use Flash (tick the lightning bolt to enable Flash); otherwise it works the same as Safari.

it's marvellous that I am blissfully unaware of the issues concerning iPads etc: the hampsters inside my stone age computer are running round the wheels merrily and coping fine :)

-just have to stoke it with a bit more coal every so often.....:D

George P (28/04/2013)
it's marvellous that I am blissfully unaware of the issues concerning iPads etc: the hampsters inside my stone age computer are running round the wheels merrily and coping fine :)

-just have to stoke it with a bit more coal every so often.....:D

You have to stoke the hamptsers with coal? the poor things! :D

Take it no one has any ideas about the Blackberry then?

Ah - not too sure i can help with that - that appears to be a coding error

Richard - you're right - 2.99 is cheaper than a PC

OK I have installed Photon on iPad as suggested. Do I change the browser from Safari? I turned on the lightening flash on Photon page but I still cannot post a reply on the forum. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions please?