john dee

Forum Topics and iPad

You don't change the browser, just open it in the same way you would Safari .. by seleting the icon. If you got the 'connecting to server' messages, then it should be working .. it does here.

Well, I used the lightening icon and got the connecting message. But when I go to the forum I still cannot post a reply. I assume I do not need to change anything in settings. So why does the reply button not post anything? Out of all the fora I use this is the only one that is a real problem. None of the others need Photon. If the lightening icon is the last sequence of actions then it is odd I still cannot post a reply. I assume it has to be activated through the sequences every time I visit the forum if the intention is to post a reply and not jut read. Perhaps I have not followed all the steps but if I am getting the connecting message what happens after that?

Pass.

When I use the iPad (which is very rarely - I don't like it), after the connecting message disappears, everything works as expected. I originally installed it as our two boys wanted to play a couple of games that needed flash.

Give me a PC any day ... (although I prefer Linux personally)

On 09/05/2013 at 7:49 AM, Sontaran said:

Pass.

When I use the iPad (which is very rarely - I don't like it), after the connecting message disappears, everything works as expected. I originally installed it as our two boys wanted to play a couple of games that needed flash.

Give me a PC any day ... (although I prefer Linux personally)

My main machine is Ubuntu Linux (using it right now).  Functional and slick but a bit nerdy in places.  Also some Windows machines for software I cannot get for Linux and for full function printing.