Sign in to follow this  
Widows Son

Invited to do my 2nd !

Great news. Enjoy it, the second degree is too often seen as a 'stepping stone' by a Lodge and not given the credence it deserves. The degree has an important message and the long version of the second tools have a particular poignancy. The 2nd Tracing Board is also a fascinating piece of ritual, both to listen to and deliver.

Guy

Great news ......you will enjoy this one as it builds on the last......then sets you up nicely for the next one........say no more......but your passing is certainly one to contemplate afterwards.....enjoy the ceremony....both yourself and Dave

The 2nd is the shortest of the three ceremonies, but I believe the teachings of the 2nd Degree tools are the absolute foundation of what Freemasonry should be about. If you only ever learn one thing in Freemasonry, learn the "long version" of the 2nd Degree tools. It will stand in you in good stead for the rest of your Masonic career, but also for life.

Good luck with for the evening.

Tony.

Sparker (21/02/2013)
The 2nd is the shortest of the three ceremonies, but I believe the teachings of the 2nd Degree tools are the absolute foundation of what Freemasonry should be about. If you only ever learn one thing in Freemasonry, learn the "long version" of the 2nd Degree tools. It will stand in you in good stead for the rest of your Masonic career, but also for life.

Good luck with for the evening.

Tony.

Tony,

A few people have said this and the more I hear it the more im looking forward to the ceremony :D I also hear the tracing board is very good too.

He's only a FC according to his post footer so if like my Lodge, we don't give ritual books out until you've completed all 3 degrees. Having said that, it is freely available on an internet search.

Well thats 1 more step of the journey :) really enjoyed the ceremony found myself being able to relax much more in this one and it definitely filled in some gaps from the 1st. Nailed my Q&A's word perfect and a cracking meal followed. Can't wait for my 3rd !

Lewis (13/03/2013)
SG-1 (13/03/2013)
Would somebody be able to PM me the Long version of the tools please?

Look at page 252 of the Emulation Ritual

I don't have the book as yet ;-) I will however get it on April 20th :-)

Sentience (13/03/2013)
He's only a FC according to his post footer so if like my Lodge, we don't give ritual books out until you've completed all 3 degrees. Having said that, it is freely available on an internet search.

Dead right Sir ;)

I'm struggling to find it, could you post a link please?

SG-1 (14/03/2013)
Sentience (13/03/2013)

Dead right Sir ;)

I'm not sure that would be appropriate on an open forum. Perhaps someone can pm it to you instead.

SG-1 (14/03/2013)
Sentience (13/03/2013)

Dead right Sir ;)

Matthew 7:7

http://ebookbrowse.com/second-degree-working-tools-long-version-pdf-d335647441

john dee (14/03/2013)
SG-1 (14/03/2013)
Sentience (13/03/2013)

Dead right Sir )

I'm not sure that would be appropriate on an open forum. Perhaps someone can pm it to you instead.

Which is exactly what I asked for in my first post....

Lewis (16/03/2013)
It's a good starting point. There are many errors to the various degrees aswell.

Hmmm I don't see the point of learning something that is incorrect!!!!