Sign in to follow this  
eastbeast

Old Tower No. 49 Spain.

Yesterday afternoon I spent a very enjoyable time at a past masters' 3rd degree demonstration at the above.

For some reason it was the first time I had visited in all the years I have been to Spain, even though the Lodge meets only 10 minutes drive away.

A very kind and welcoming group of Brothers!

Now of course I will have to time future visits so I can get a meeting in!

Yes its on Cuidad Quesada, Torrevieja next door to the Country Club Richard.

As I am here alone I had permission to go, but even if I was with the most important, she would have allowed to visit, she knows how much good it does me!

The scene here is very active, with a good number of joining and initiates, the additional orders are well supported too.

I had hoped to get to an OSM meeting to save lugging regalia, but the only thing on was Craft so that was every bit as good.

Its just a shame there isn't another meeting I can get to over the course of the rest of my 2 weeks here, but there is always the Summer, Autumn and Christmas to look forward to and arrange!

Ah, but we've normally got 2 boys; 7 and 4 with us so not so easy! - and the only other time we sometimes go is in October for wedding anniversary .. so again, not so easy. Ah well; maybe when the boys are older ...

Hi I have just been polishing a brass letter opener with the words Old Tower 49 15th May 2000 engraved on it and I wondered what the words meant. I googled it and it has come up with a Freemasons in Spain. This must have been presented to my father Roger Heap just before he left Spain in 2000I believe he was one of the first members of this particular Lodge and became Grand Master. My husband and I brought him out to Spain in 2015 and we visited the Lodge in Quesda but it was closed. He sadly died in August 2021 at the grand old age of 95. He was very proud to be a mason and spoke fondly of the times he lived in Spain. 

You may like to know therefore, that he was a Past Provincial Almoner in Norfolk - and as the Provincial Almoner is (AFAIK) never appointed as a Past rank, he will have been responsible for all the Almoners across the Province of Norfolk at one point. A very responsible position.